Spouse Visas & Partner Visas

partner visas

Specialist Immigration Lawyers

Whiterose Blackmans Solicitors are expert Immigration Solicitors. We understand how worrying and how stressful trying to attain a visa can be and also the consequences of a failed application and how this would affect you and your family in the long term. We will advise you based on your personal circumstances and throughout the process we are on-hand to support you and explain the likely outcomes and to fight your case. We have an excellent track record in obtaining successful visa applications.

If your Spouse, Partner or Civil Partner is a British Citizen or they already live in the UK, you can apply to join them by applying for a Spouse visa/Civil Partner visa/Unmarried Partner Visa and if your application is successful this will grant you residence in the UK for thirty months. In order for your visa application to be granted you must meet the strict guidelines which are set out in the Immigration Rules. At Whiterose Blackmans we are here to guide you through the process and we en-devour to make things as straight forward as they can be.

Free Initial Telephone Consultation

Our highly experienced Immigration solicitors are on hand to help you to understand and make sense of the rules which can be quite daunting. We will submit an accurate application on your behalf and we will ensure that all supporting documents required are in order and correct. We provide a free initial telephone consultation in which we will assess your circumstances, advise you of your options and provide a fixed fee quotation. Our solicitors speak various languages including Urdu, Punjabi and Mirpuri

Please fill in our Contact Form & we will call you back

    The requirements of a Spouse visa/Unmarried Partner/Civil Partner visa!

    THE 5 YEAR PERIOD – Initial Visa for 30 months

    After a 5-year period you can apply for settlement (ILR) in the UK. In order to be successful on the shorter 5 year period, you will need to satisfy all the requirements. These would include;

    Immigration Status
    Financial Situation
    English Language

    In the circumstances where the above requirements are met and you are placed on the 5 year route to settlement, then you should be given an initial visa for a period of 30 months.

    However, should you not meet all of the requirements, but you meet the suitability requirement and you if fall into one of the categories in the exceptions, then you may be granted a visa as part of the 10 year route to settlement.

    The Eligibility Criteria, you will need to prove the following:

    • you meet the suitability requirements
    • that you are both over eighteen
    • that you are not closely related to your partner in anyway
    • you are in a genuine marriage, civil partnership or relationship
    • that you were not already married
    • intend to live together on a permanent basis
    • that your partner, the UK Sponsor has a gross income of £18,600 p/a plus an additional £3,800 for one child applying and an additional £2,400 for each further child applying. Alternatively, by having the requisite amount of savings. This requirement is not applied if the sponsor is on certain types of disability benefit or carer allowance.
    • Proof of English Language at level A1 of the CEFR for Languages.

    Immigration Legal Advice – we can help

    If you are looking to apply for a Visa to join your Spouse, Civil Partner or Partner in the UK, extend a visa or/and apply for indefinite leave after completion of the 5 year or 10 year route, our Immigration Solicitors are here to help you.

    The experience immigration solicitor assigned to your case will provide you with a fixed fee quote which will include all of the consultations, advice, paperwork completion and to make the application in. We will also arrange appointments at the embassy where this is necessary and prepare for this fully on your behalf.

    You will also be advised of the current ECO/UKVI fee and NHS health charge where this applies.

    Call us today on 0113 2165507